Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Family gifts

This is a gift I made for my brother. The picture is of my Grandparents. Every once in awhile my Grandpa would make us fried cakes. I have Grandma's recipes and found the fried cake recipe. The pic is a copy but I copied it as a color pic so it would look like it really does,stains and all. I just used scrapbook paper to mount it on. He seemed happy with it. Said he might even try to make some fried cakes some day.I also made them for my kids and my niece and nephews. The pic in this one is my Mom. I found three different recipes that the kids would like. I made 2 with the grape jelly recipe, ( My daughter gave everyone jelly made from her recipe.) one with oyster nibbles, and 2 with peanutty pops( like fudgesicles made with peanut butter and put in the old Tupperware popsicle molds). I faded the picture some so it would look older and blend in better.
These were fun and inexpensive to make and brought back a lot of memories for everyone.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Your gifts are so touching and from the heart. What a great idea and how creative you are.

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

What a great idea, Jean!