Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bedroom entertaining!

I was hungry for spaghetti and meatballs so I invited the family over for dinner. Nothing fancy just spaghetti and meatballs, salad and and garlic bread. I always make my sauce from scratch and cook it all day. Here's a little tip that I learned from my ex's Italian grandmother. We don't like sweet sauce but the tomato products are always a little bitter. To remove the bitter taste, add a pinch or two of baking soda to the warm sauce ( I add it before I add anything else) and stir. When it quits foaming add other spices. I never add sugar to my sauce.
I do have living and dining rooms in my house but we always end up in the kitchen or bedroom!
We change Jerzie on my bed and Aunt Laurie and Daddy play with her.

My awesome son-in-law, Chris (He said I could use his pic if I said how awesome he is! hehe) works on my computer which is in my bedroom.
Mommy pushing Jerzie over with a finger and making her laugh.We have always had a lot of fun just getting together but it's even more fun now that we have Jerzie for entertainment.

5 comments:

Susie said...

Your handy (and handsome!) son in law has given you a lovely new look!!
Your spaghetti sauce tip is one I've never heard. We don't care for a sweet sauce either..
:)

Jean said...

Isn't it great? I just pick out what I want,take a picture for my banner, e-mail it all to him and a little while later it's done! The best part is he really enjoys doing it! He surprised me with the "proud Grandma" blinky(he made it) and the pics of Jerzie on the sidebar.

Diana LaMarre said...

Jean, that's a new tip for me, too.

It sounds like you have a great relationship with your son-in-law. That's so wonderful. It's so handy to have a techie you can call!

TJ said...

That meal looks really good...I love meatballs!!
Does Jerzie's mom blog?
:-D
PS...I noticed you changed my title in your sidebar...the only one that has so far...thanks...
(((hugs)))

Carole Burant said...

Hmmmm where was my invite?? I LOVE spaghetti and meatballs!! hehe I so enjoyed seeing all the pictures...you all seem to always have such a great time when you're all together:-) Chris is indeed a gem, I'm just over the moon about the banner he made for me!!! xox