Thursday, June 28, 2007

Picnic basket

My niece asked me to paint a picnic basket for her to give as a wedding gift. It did please that she considered a picnic basket a good wedding gift because that is my standard wedding gift for family and close friends. I try to paint something that reflects their decor or their likes and collections.
I have found that to get the best basket for the money I need to go to the source. My source is the Greenfield Basket Company which is about a 40 minute drive from my home. The Greenfield Company has made quality baskets since 1933. The baskets are still made the old fashion way, hand woven and machine stapled. They carry over 80 varieties of baskets.
I love the look of the factory. Just like it has looked for years.
When you want a basket, just walk in the office,
look around at the walls,
pick what you want
and they will go out into the factory and get it for you.
I got a basic 2 pie basket with a shelf inside .
Now all I have to do is get it painted!

4 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Wow, I wish we had a basket factory around here! That is so neat, being able to go in and choose the one you want out of so many choices!! Love the one you decided on..can't wait to see it all painted:-) xox

Tammy said...

I can't wait to see what you do with it!
:)

Diana LaMarre said...

Jean,
What a unique gift! Who wouldn't love to be toting a couple of pies to a potluck in a great basket like that? I can't wait to see it finished.

Happy Belated birthday! I just came from Laurie's blog. What a wonderful birthday tribute she gave her mom! You must feel so proud of your daughter, too.

kris said...

Cool - looking forward to seeing the finished basket!