Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mulched!

Chris and Laurie brought me a pickup full of mulch. They dumped it behind the shed and I just used the wheelbarrow to move it around.
I had enough to do the lily bed,
the shade corner,
the middle garden,
and the garden by the shed.
I still have 4 areas on the side and in front that need done. I don't mulch my big garden anymore because it's wild and not much area in between plants. I afraid it's too late but I'll see if anyone has any bags left. I like the course mulch for the back but like a finer cut out front. If I can't get any I won't have to do it this year! It's a big job I'm glad is done!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow...what a difference that makes to the middle back garden area...all of it looks good.
I've been having a time of it with Blogger letting me post a comment.
Sorry about that...I've been here every day seeing what you are up to.

A wildlife gardener said...

I can sympathise with you, Jean. One year I decided to mulch between all my flowers. I was filling basins and tip-toeing between plants for three weeks, though it was worth it in the end, as it keeps the weeds at bay :)

Lallee said...

Don't you love how mulch tidies everything up? I have so much garden work to do but it is too hot. August is always my worst month it seems.

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Jean, I found your blog through another. You have a lovely yard. I with all you ladies, mulch is a wonderful thing. I especially love the way it looks the first few weeks it is down.

RUTH said...

The mulch looks a grand drop of stuff and how your garden will love it :o)

JANET said...

You keep really neat gardens!

Anonymous said...

Amazing how much mulcg you need to do a decent job!