Saturday, September 29, 2007

Busy day!

No time for a real post today. I'm helping my elderly neighbor. She said the other day she really needed a new ceiling in her kitchen because her deceased husband had always smoked in there but she really couldn't afford it. It's a drop ceiling so I told her we could paint the blocks with a good sealer/primer and it would look better and wouldn't cost much. I've been taking down a few blocks a day for her to paint. Today I went over after I closed the beauty shop and worked for a couple hours putting up and taking down blocks and cleaning the metal stripping . Now I have to go to the grocery store and work. The painting is making such a difference that we are both anxious to get done.

I'll leave you with my new exercise program. You should all give it a try!


EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 50
Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty
of room to each side.
With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can.
Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.
Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.
After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks.
Then try 50lb. potato sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you
can lift a 100-lb. potato sack in each hand
and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute
(I'm currently at this level).
After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

2 comments:

Muum said...

I love your new exercise program. PLus if you are hungry afterward, you can cook up those potatoes. lol

Susie said...

I'm sure I could stick to that exercise program. Jean, you are so kind to help your neighbor with this project.
Too often today, neighbors really don't even share a conversation, much less help each other.
xo