Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bulletin boards

I decided I wanted some kind of bulletin board to put on the back of my computer desk for some of the neat things I had gotten from fellow bloggers. I found 2 picture frames I wasn't using. I got some foam board and used the frame backs to cut pieces to fit. I got some material and used spray adhesive to stick it to the foam board. Then I just glued down the edges and put them in the frames. The board is thick enough that you don't need a back .
I put some crisscross ribbon on one.
Instead of pins I used some heart post earrings that I don't wear to hold some of the items on the board.
Then I just hung them behind my computer screen.
I like the way they fill up a dark space and I can see things that otherwise might be stuck in a drawer. The plus is, it only cost a couple dollars and I'm using some frames that I like but wasn't using.

7 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

What a wonderful and creative idea! It is a lovely reminder of your dear online friends. :)

Have a lovely Sunday.

Gina

JunieRose2005 said...

WOW! I really like this idea! I might have to steal it for my own use! :)


Junie

Susie said...

Such a creative way to display your mementoes. I love the idea of using post earrings for holding them!
xo

j said...

LOVE your bulletin boards.

My email address is
jendt55@yahoo.com

Send me your address and I will send you some loot!!

Jennifer

Ruth Welter said...

Jean, all I can say is "Wow", I love your bulletin boards....you should think about trying to sell them, if you want to do a whole line of them. I bet they would sell like hot cakes.

Naturegirl said...

Jean the inspiration boards are lovely!
BTW I answered your Q. re: Calla lily in my comments.Come back. sunkissed in Arizona NG xo

Diana LaMarre said...

Very clever idea, Jean! They turned out great. Neat idea to use the earrings, too.