Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

Welcome!I finally had a couple blooms to show this week but......this is what we woke up to this morning!
I'm sure these would have bloomed today if the temp had gotten out of the 30s.
I did get to see this one lonely bloom yesterday. It came up alone on the opposite side of the house from the ones I have planted.
These poor miniature daffodils I planted last year are so close to the ground they were covered.

It's supposed to be back in the 50s tomorrow so maybe I'll have something next week!
Thanks for stopping by! Sign up and show us what's bloomin' where you are planted this spring. Just add your name and permalink to Mr Linky and put a link to this post on your post. I can't wait to see what spring is like where you are!




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Jean that winter played a dirty trick on your spring bloomers! Hopefully it warms up tomorrow & they perk back up! Happy Bloomin Tuesday!

Grammy said...

Hi Jean. Happy bloomin Tue!
You still have snow! We had some Saturday but it melted fast. Glad to see you have some blooms too.

Suzanne said...

Oh man! The same thing happened to me this week, but I didn't have those beautiful flowers to share. I hope we get to see the daffodils - minus the snow -- next week.

Anne Fannie said...

Hello Jean,
I am so sorry it snowed and is covering those pretty spring blooms you have! Hope it warms up soon for you!
Happy Bloomin' Tuesday..
~Ann

Aiyana said...

Poor little plants! Does the snow kill the plant, or just ruin the flowers? (I have no experience in this department. Totally ignorant of anything to do with snow!)
Aiyana

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

don't be sad.. soon the snow melts and new blooms shooting out before you know it.. happy blooming tuesday! have a good day!

Unknown said...

I can only imagine!! It still pretty though.

Cedar ... said...

the good thing about snow this time of year is that it never lasts long! Hang in there!

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Oh your poor flowers, But the green and yellow looks pretty against the white snow. At least you didn't get a foot, that would have completely covered them. Hugs, Rosemarie

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Poor babies! We're covered as well. Maybe Mother Nature will compensate with a longer Spring!?

Gardeness said...

I love the snow covered crocus. Hope you're getting some warmer weather today. I finally made it over for Bloomin' Tuesday!

Carla said...

Is it the spring season, or the spring 'tease'? Guess that groundhog was right, well atleast the snow is pretty:)

kesslerdee said...

Oh those poor little flowers- they sure look cold! It made for some neat pictures though with the contrast of snow and blooms. I hope it warms up and melts quickly!

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Wonderful photos. Happy Bloomin' Tuesday.

Blessings,
Elizabeth