Monday, December 21, 2009

Last one!

This is our last Vintage Christmas Monday and I want to thank Joan. It has been a lot of fun!

I made this swag with vintage balls last year. It's just a regular green swag with the balls hot glued on. It's a great way to use balls that are defective or broken on one side.


Except for special ornaments, my tree is all vintage ornaments and birds.


I remember my Grandma's tree having birds on it. I don't have hers but have found a few reproductions and vintage ones.

Gramma's tree also had bubble lights that fascinated me when I was young. I also have some of them on my tree. They are all reproductions because I wouldn't dare use vintage on a real tree.



I put this great light up Santa I found at a flee market last summer in my window box on the side of the house. He's perfect out here. He's about 17 inches tall and I put a new cord and bulb in him

The box is lighted and I have a spot light on it also.

I can't do Christmas and especially a vintage Christmas post without including Santa!

My step father won him in a raffle when I was a teen. I'm 60 now so he has to be at least 45. He is about 5 feet tall and his insides are cardboard. The suit is fake velvet and his hair and beard are spun fiberglass. Santa had been hauled around from house to house and even made it thru a fire. He's showing his age but I still put him on my back deck every year. The kids can see him out the kitchen window and I have a spotlight on him so he can be seen from the street.

That's it for Vintage Christmas Monday! To see more great vintage Christmas decor go visit Joan.

8 comments:

Just a bed of roses said...

I can almost smell the fresh pine tree from here...nice vintage christmas!

Judi said...

I love the window box! Very creative ~ Santa is pretty special too :) Judi

Darla said...

You are certainly the right person for this meme....just gorgeous and I am so glad you showed your window boxes!!

Anonymous said...

I had bubble lights on my tree, too, until we got an artificial tree. The branches aren't sturdy enough to hold the lights upright. I have several Christmas decorations in the basement that I plan to sell one day at a yard sale. The decorations just don't work well on our artificial tree.

Postcardy said...

What a coincidence--I saw a Santa standing on a deck on my way home today.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

How wonderful the old guy is still around to delight folks! Love your decorations and can almost smell the pine though the screen..have a very Merry and Bright Christms season, and a full yeah ahead, OK?

anythinggoeshere said...

i love both the Santa your step father won and the lovely lighted box that your put outside!

Thank you so much for participating in Vintage Christmas Monday this season.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. xo Joan, your hostess

rosie/the fabric shopper said...

Your vintage ornaments are wonderful! And, it is so cool to see how you dress your window box for every season and Holiday!

Yes, I am back "in town" Jean ... blogging daily but with more of a focus of how life inspires my sewing. Hope you will enjoy your visits :-)

((hugs)) rosie