Friday, December 18, 2009

More Christmas!

I can't believe there is less than a week to Christmas! I'm slowly getting everything done. We're making cookies Sunday but I haven't even started the dreaded wrapping yet! How are you doing?
This is the top of my secretary. It's a favorite piece from my Mom's and I have some Christmas bells from her bell collection and a bead angel she made in it. What I wanted to show you are these figurines. I had seen these priced quite reasonable in the Country House catalog but didn't order them. This summer I found them in a gift shop on clearance, a couple dollars each!
They are designed from vintage Christmas cards. I love them and hope to add a couple more pieces.
I also have two more filled boxes to share. This one is on the wall in the side entry, decorated for the season.
I found this vintage stocking at a sale and had to have it! I decided to use it in a box this year. This box is larger so it sets on the floor next to my lighted pine cone basket.
Thanks for stopping by for Show and Tell. To see more posts visit Cindy's Romantic Home.

7 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I ♥ it ALL!!!!

My Show n Tell is a gift to me from years ago...ANGELS WE HAVE HEARD ON HIGH

Susan said...

All special, lovely items.
Susan

Darla said...

HOw long does it take you to put all of this stuff away...lol...still beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same as Darla - how long it takes you to put the stuff away :-)

I haven't wrapped Christmas gifts yet (some aren't bought yet either!). I have baked several dozen cookies, though. I baked chocolate chip cookies and peanut blossom cookies. I plan to bake brownies, small loaves of bread (e.g., banana) and at least one other cookie variety.

Latane Barton said...

I love your layout!! Very smart looking and cheerful. Great job. Have a very Merry Christmas

Decor To Adore said...

Such loveliness has me swooning with happy sighs.

Unknown said...

Lots of pretty ideas!Love those little figurines! Thanks for sharing!

~Liz