Friday, April 23, 2010

Frogs!

I have another collection! I know, I didn't need another one but I couldn't help myself. I'm collecting frogs! No, not that kind of frogs!
I'm collecting flower frogs.I have a few glass ones, but my main interest is old, rusty metal ones. This dish of glass ones is on my dining room table.
I searched several antique shops and malls and couldn't find any so I had to go online. Of course, I had seen them at household sales before I decided to collect them.
(Click on the picture to enlarge and see details.)
They come in several sizes and shapes. They also have pottery ones but they tend to be more expensive. I would definitely buy pottery ones too if I liked it and the price was right.
It will be fun to look at flea markets now that I have a good start. I'll just pick up unique ones now.
The metal ones are on my old green table on the deck. They fit right in with my rustic look and are a good collection for a gardener.

7 comments:

Latane Barton said...

You just beat all piling all kinds of things together and making it look beautiful!!

Balisha said...

Isn't it fun to pick something...maybe it's small and inexpensive...and be able to look for them at sales? I used to look for kitchen utensils with green handles for a friend of mine. I was always bringing her something that I found.I liked baskets at the time. Now I am into old books... I can spend hours looking at books. Have fun..
Balisha

Anne Fannie said...

I am a collect-a-holic....
I love all your little collectibles Jean!

Ann

Unknown said...

Found your blog via a garden blog. Just lovely, and we have some of the same interests. I too collect frogs and also I had new ones for sale at my garden shop a few years back now I mostly just buy old ones and maybe I will sell some too someday! I will be back on Tuesday to be part of your Blooming Tuesday. blessings Meg

Diana LaMarre said...

Wow,Jean, you have amassed quite a large collection in what sounds like a short time. I am so envious!
Are you buying them on Ebay?

I have three clear glass frogs and I would buy more if I ever come across any at a good price. I am eyeing up that rusty three tiered one you have on your table!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Yes, flower frogs are a good thing for gardeners to collect. I love how you have yours displayed. I plan to stack some of mine to save some space.

I'm giving you a link here to see my collections. The first post you'll see is about my flower frogs. I am no longer seeking them out, but there are a few I'd buy if I had the money. Every once in awhile, I go back to ebay to see if what I want is up for auction, and how much they are wanting for it.

Here's the link:

http://acornergarden.blogspot.com/search/label/Collections

Carla said...

What a sweet arrangement. I love how you stacked them, smart idea!!